DO you Know Who SIS P is? Sis P Talks About Her Music Career.

08/10/2013
I am simple and down to earth girl, easy to interact with, always jovial, am the kind of person that feels the world is just perfect as it is and everything is just so cool.
Am first born in a family of four. I live with both my parents when am home, I am  daddy and mummy's girl, as both my parents mean a lot to me, I love them both, I cant prefer any than the other.
I started doing commercial music in high school as part of the Flame Gs and we did a number of tracks together.
After high school I was introduced to my current producer Rabizzle by Nick Mumba, he is also an artist at Big Sound Records under Rabizzle.
That's when I was auditioned by the label and through the auditions my first single as a solo artirst "Blind in Yo Luv" was born. "Blind In Yo Luv" is one of the five songs in the Dancehall Reggae "TEAR DROP RIDDIM" album.
The album has Frankie Dee, Botta Baibe, Nick Mumba and the late Asu, may her soul rest in peace.
People might think it has been easy for me, but no, it has been quite challenging. Being a female artist in a male dominated industry, making it to where I am is not an easy task. 
First my parents are fifty fifty with my music, today they are good, next day they are not. Another is, finding a producer who is genuinely interested in your voice and not your body, it's ok if they appreciate your body too but the voice should be first priority.
Another challenge would be getting airplay, that is very tricky because radio personalities are sometimes quite complicated, but I understand sometimes they are under a lot of pressure as artists are quite too many. But they should know we need them to get our music to the ears of our fans.
Issue with distribution is another big challenge as some promoters are not really promoters but secret admirers. Finally getting a producer who can really bring out the best in you is so hard, I thank God for Nick Mumba who introduced me to Rabizzle.
Since going solo in 2012, I have so far released 3 songs, "Blind In Yo Luv", "Guddy Guddy Luving", and my latest "Tabasamu" which is a little shift from Dancehall to a blend of RnB and
We are currently planning on doing the video for "Tabasamu" which we wish to be released sometime this year, probably early November. Apart from that, I will be working on a few collabos and these collabos will be including a few bigger names in the industry. We are also planning on touring various parts of the country putting up shows so all the fans who are asking themselves when they would see me live on stage, worry not, I might be having a show in your area soon.
I am happy about how far I have made it in the industry, I have had collabbos with US based rapper Wendel Cooper and Austria based singer Sista Iv.
Music aside, am a Mass Communication student, an actress, community worker empowering people not to ignore talents and how best you can use your talent with 2nd Chance Movement.
CONTACTS: E-mail: sispbabie@yahoo.com
                Facebook Fanpage: Sis P www.facebook.com/sispkenya
                Facebook Personal: Sis P Babie www.facebook.com/callmesisp
                Twitter Handle: @sispbabie
                Booking Agent: +254 721 770706 -
East African Rhythms and Melodies.
Rabizzle www.facebook.com/rabizzlethedoctor




Listen to her songs here
Listen to her songs here
Listen to her songs here
Share on Google Plus

About Walexx

He is the CEO of Cityville Mombasa. Reach him on 0728622801 or gangsta6g@gmail.com